Becoming a Regular Member
An individual must be approved for regular membership in CFA Institute and shall fulfill such other requirements imposed by the Society that are consistent with the requirements established by CFA Institute. We recommend Regular Membership for those who have completed and passed all three (3) CFA exams. The application process has three phases and typically takes several weeks to be approved.
Please review the OFAC Compliance Policy. Residents of certain countries may be prohibited by law from becoming a CFA Institute or Society Member.
Here’s what you will need to apply for Regular Membership:
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/work experience
• A passing score for the CFA Level 3 Exam or the self-administered Standards of Practice Examination
• 48 months of professional work experience in investment decision making
• 3 professional references
• Local CFA Society membership. (CFA Society membership is optional but strongly encouraged.) Join a CFA Society.
For the complete requirements, please refer to the CFA Institute website on Membership. (CLICK HERE)